After what feels like the longest winter ever, the warm weather has finally made its long-awaited reappearance. And there’s nothing that brings out all the summer feels quite like a cold, refreshing drink. Sure, you could drink your Brutal Fruit straight up. Or you could turn it into a spritzer slushie or fruit punch. Here’s how to make them.
Looking for drink recipes for cool summer sipping? Here’s how to make a spritzer slushie and summer punch.
1. Strawberry Spritzer Slushie
No, you don’t need to go to the movies to get your slushie fix! Here’s how to make grown-up versions for a dose of nostalgia and a whole lot of refreshment.
- Fresh strawberries
- Ice cubes
- Brutal Fruit Strawberry Rouge spritzer
How to Make Them
- Base the amount of ingredients you need on how many servings you are making.
- Add the strawberries, ice cubes and Brutal Fruit Strawberry Rouge spritzer to a blender. Pulse until you have reached the desired consistency and serve.
PRO TIP Use a portable USB-charging blender to whizz up your slushie, like this Kambrook Smartlife USB Blender, R299 at Clicks.
Want to make your guests’ drinks look like something out of a cocktail bar? Click here for three fancy ways to drink and serve your Brutal Fruit.
2. Spritzer Fruit Punch
It doesn’t get much more festive than a punch! Here’s how to make one that is loaded with fresh fruit slices and perfect for entertaining.
- Crushed ice
- Fresh citrus slices + mint leaves
- A white spirit of your choice (we recommend vodka, gin or rum)
- Brutal Fruit Ruby Apple Spritzer
- Soda water or lemonade
How to Make Them
- This punch can be made as individual drinks or as a communal one for people to help themselves.
- Add all the ingredients into each glass or a punch bowl. Stir so that the spirits are well mixed and serve.
PRO TIP This drink can be made in advance and stored overnight in the fridge. It allows all the fruit juice extracts to infuse the punch for a citrus kick.